- Croydon, Victoria, Australia
- 5th July 2021
- Millar Merrigan
Millar|Merrigan Inspires Better Living for our clients and employees with a friendly, professional and supportive work environment.
We are an integrated multi-disciplinary organisation and a specialised consulting group. Providing civil and construction engineering, town planning, asset recording, land surveying, landscape architecture and environmental services for a wide range of development projects.
An enjoyable, personal and family oriented company culture which embraces personal development.
Millar Merrigan is situated in a convenient suburban location – Croydon Victoria.
This role is a newly created position to assist with the increasing demands of the Planning & Design department.
The suitable person will thrive is a busy environment and enjoys working towards team deadlines in an environment which embraces continuous improvement.
- Advise and assist multiple departments and Managers on a range of planning matters
- Offer well researched and innovative planning solutions to achieve positive outcomes for our clients
- Prepare planning applications and see them through the process to permit stage
- Assist with post permit matters as required
- Provide support to the Planning Manager
- Mentor other staff members as appropriate
Provide planning department with senior level support including but not limited to:
- Supply statutory and strategic planning and development advice to clients and internal enquires
- Ability to ascertain required inputs for a project (such as plans and specialist reports)
- Outline required scope internally and externally for a range of planning projects and obtain consultant quotations where required
- Liaise, negotiate and respond with local government and authorities for approvals
- Liaise, negotiate and respond with clients and sub-contractors throughout the planning process
- Ability to deal with clients and review instructions under the guidance of the Project Manager
- Provide input into fee proposals as requested by Project Managers
- Strong understanding of statutory and regulatory requirements
- Attend internal project and department meetings
- Attend and present at a range of external meetings, including pre-application meetings, consultation meetings and Council meetings
- Meet with clients under the instruction of the Project Manager
- Manage permits that require professional assistance
- Assessment of complex planning compliance matters
- Investigating alternative solutions
- Reviewing permit conditions and determining inputs required
- Involvement in design reviews
Have proficient report, technical and business writing skills for:
- Preparation of planning reports for a wide range of applications
- Responding to Council and authority further information requests
- Peer review of reports/letters
Have plan checking skills to:
- Check a range of planning drawings including site analysis plans
- Provide advice on compliance with planning policies including Rescode
- Experience in VCAT report preparation and hearing attendance
- Experience with rural planning projects
- Ability to prepare farm plans and land management plans
Our Ideal Person:
- Is Degree qualified with experience in a similar role
- Will display all MM Values
- Is relationship and solution focused
Please forward your application via the email link below